Re: Beam collision engraver weirdness

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Beam collision engraver weirdness
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:19:49 -0500

This does the trick.

\score {
\new PianoStaff <<
 \new Staff = "one" \relative c'{
   \autoBeamOff
   \stemUp  c8 c \change Staff=two \stemUp c c
   c c c c
   \change Staff=one
   \stemDown  c8 c \change Staff=two \stemUp c c
   r2
   \stemDown  c8[ c \change Staff=one \stemDown c c]
   r2
   \change Staff=two
   \stemUp  c8[ c \change Staff=one \stemDown c] c
   r2
 }
 \new Staff = "two" \relative c'{
   \clef bass
   s1
   s1
   s1
   s1
 } >>
\layout {
\context {
\Score
\consists "Beam_collision_engraver"
}
\context {
\Staff
\remove "Beam_collision_engraver"
}
}
}

This kludge up messing up big scores royally, however.
The solution in my old code was to turn off collision avoidance for cross staff
beams.  If you think that is an acceptable solution, I can implement it.

Cheers,
MS