Re: Reduces algorithm time by prefinding footnoted grobs (issue4213042)

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Reduces algorithm time by prefinding footnoted grobs (issue4213042)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 04:59:23 -0500

On Mar 1, 2011, at 10:19 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I have a quick comment for you below.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4213042/diff/24035/scm/define-stencil-commands.scm
> File scm/define-stencil-commands.scm (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4213042/diff/24035/scm/define-stencil-commands.scm#newcode37
> scm/define-stencil-commands.scm:37: footnote
> Shouldn't this be in `ly:all-output-backend-commands' instead?
>
> (Note the docstring for `ly:all-stencil-commands' versus the one for
> `ly:all-output-backend-commands'.)
>
> Some extra processing is done for elements of this list (see
> scm/backend-library.scm).  If the stencil expression is not defined in
> the backends, then it should be in the ly:all-output-backend-commands
> list instead to avoid unnecessary (though minimal) overhead.

Done.

I also was able to fix the problem Neil pointed out before, although it
required certain things once marked const to be downgraded to not const in
certain places.  I tried to make this minimal & re-constify their constness
ASAP.  The only place where this may be problematic is
Page_breaking::space_systems_on_1_page, where the vector of lines floats around
not-const for the entire function.

Cheers,
MS