Re: Toolchain to get scores into video?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Toolchain to get scores into video?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:30:09 +0000

On 6 March 2011 17:33, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The google tracker issue does work in as much as the main point of this is
>> to split the Lilypond score into 'lines' and each line is exported to an
>> EPS file - this bit is done by Lilypond (IIR) you can then manually put
>> each line into a video using most standard video editing software, this
>> bit is done by the 'user'.
>
> That would be more like flashing line by line rather than a continuous
> horizontal scroll, right?

The method which issue 965 references from Silas Brown does a
continuous horizontal scroll.  I tried it out last year and it
produces OK results (following a few code fixes).  Like James says
though, you have to produce a timing file by pressing a key whenever a
new system appears; it then uses this info to create loads of shifted
images which it stitches together.

Cheers,
Neil