Scheme: How to determine the current time signature?

From: TaoCG
Subject: Scheme: How to determine the current time signature?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:21:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear devs,

for not having much luck with asking this on user I'll try here again. I
hope you don't mind.

What I am trying to do is determine the nominator and denominator from the
current time signature to alter the following snippet so that it doesn't
have to be adjusted for each piece.
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=332

On user Carl Sorensen told me that this could be done with the
timeSignatureFraction property but I couldn't figure out how to read this
property. As Carl suggested I looked for threads dealing with
ContextSpeccedMusic and I also had a look in the ly and scm files that
control the timing properties but this was too much for me to grasp.
I do know some scheme and already wrote some music functions but this is
difficult for me to understand.

Any help is appreciated. It doesn't have to be the solution yet but maybe a
small hint on which step to take next.
The thread on user can be found here:
http://old.nabble.com/Scheme-question-td31109572.html

Regards,