Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:30:49 -0700

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:39:26 -0700, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:

Keith OHara schreef op di 15-03-2011 om 23:09 [-0700]:

I tried to summarize what the relevant classes do, and indicated the
desired extensions in [[ ]] below :

Not really:

* midiChannelMapping = #'instrument (default)
   midiInstrument <-> MIDI channel
    voice -> track

* midiChannelMapping = #'staff (old)
   Staff <-> MIDI channel <-> track
    voices are merged and unrecoverable

* midiChannelMapping = #'voice (nice, but unsupported)

    Staff+voice <-> channel
    midi-port <->Staff<->Track
    (staff 1, voice 1 --> channel 0
                    2 --> channel 1
   (staff 2, voice 1 --> channel 0,
    etc.)

The code seems to work, but requires great effort to understand.

I was suggesting that, having decided what you want in the MIDI, you might
simplify the design.