Re: footnotes don't work in instrumentName markup

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: footnotes don't work in instrumentName markup
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 11:23:02 -0400

On Apr 2, 2011, at 11:15 AM, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> I'm trying to add a footnote to an instrument name in a PianoStaff, but it
> seems that footnotes don't work in instrument name markups.
>
> Simple test case is attached.
>
> Cheers,
> Reinhold

Hey Reinhold,

Footnotes in markups only work in top level markups.  You'd have to trigger an
annotation event during the timestep that the InstrumentName grob is created
and then footnote it as a grob.

For now, a workaround:

\new Staff { \set Staff.instrumentName = "foo*" \footnoteGrob #'TextScript #'(0

Cheers,
MS