Re: Allows glissandi between chords (issue4442082)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Allows glissandi between chords (issue4442082)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:00:18 +0000

On 2011/04/26 17:11:02, c_sorensen_byu.edu wrote:

wrote:

>> The old behavior can be achieved via:
>>
>> \set glissandoMap = #'((0 . 0))
>>
>> What would be the appropriate .ly file in ly/ to put this in?
>
> Alternatively, we could write a convert-ly rule that changes all
\glissando to
> \set glissandoMap = #'((0 . 0)) \glissando \unset glissandoMap.
>
> I think that the majority of users who write glissandi between
chords will
> want full-chord glissandi.  So, it seems that #'() should be the
default value
> for glissandoMap (as it is in the proposed patch).

If all notes should be part of the glissando, then I think we should
*not*
write a convert-ly rule.  Rather, we should make sure that the new
setting
is noted in changes, and we should make sure the new behavior is
documented.

Thanks,

Carl

Hey Carl et al,

Before I push this patch, are there any further questions/concerns
regarding it?
Specifically:

(a)  Are people all right with glissando'ed chords being default
behavior (given how ties work in lilypond, this seems to make sense)?

(b)  With respect to my previous question about internal-properties, is
it ok to have glissando-index in define-grob-properties.scm and to put
it in the glissando-interface?  If not, where should I put it?

Thanks!
~Mike

http://codereview.appspot.com/4442082/