Re: Where to merge Translations now?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Where to merge Translations now?
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:46:09 +0200

2011/5/3 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 01:45:09PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
>> 2011/5/3 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
>> > Hello, I have noticed that master is now 2.15; we on the
>> > lilypond/translation branch have unmerged work and more is to come.
>> > If master is now 2.15, what's the official mechanism planned for
>> > incorporate latest translations to the upcoming 2.12 stable?
>>
>> A possible solution is that I merge into master(2.15) as usual but I
>> make a list of commits for Carl to cherry-pick them onto 2.14 . Sounds
>> right?
>
> I guess so.
>
> Do we really need those updates, though?  I mean, that will be a
> lot of commits to cherry-pick.  And it'll be much worse when
> translators start using 2.15-only features in their translations;
> backporting any commit with those will break the stable/2.14
> build.

We could already have translated 2.15-only material, but we don't know
when a material is 2.15 only, so we have probably mixed 2.14 and 2.15
translations in the same commits, making a separation very difficult.
I will assume that changes in originals prior to the fork are 2.14 and
translations of these will be cherry picked if I can extract them.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com