Re: Branches?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Branches?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 20:13:49 +0100

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 04:43:38PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > As far as I know, we have master as the current development snapshot.

Yes.

> > We have stable/2.14 as the 2.14 candidate; patches are cherry-picked from
> > master to stable/2.14.

Yes.  Expect a release tomorrow.

> > I don't think anything is officially happening with release/unstable and
> > release/2.14

release/unstable is not used at the moment.  I have no clue what
release/2.14 is, but I'll look into it.  I probably just pushed a
branch like that instead of stable/2.14.  Or maybe we should
rename release/2.14 to stable/2.14

> Well, perhaps I have been confused by the amount of stuff cherry-picked
> into stable/2.14 (the source of the cherry-picks gets lost in the branch
> graph), combined with a slowdown of development in master.  That makes
> it appear like a lot more is happening in stable/2.14 when in fact it is
> merely catching up with previous developments in master.

This is understandable.  You are quite correct in the final
thought that stable/2.14 is merely catching up to (selected
portions of) master.