Re: git merge mess to sort out

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: git merge mess to sort out
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 19:53:34 -0600

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/minor-release-checklis>

> This step is useful to get the news announcement of the release; I
> don't expect to see anything else in these merges.
>
> Unfortunately, at the moment this produces a bunch of merge conflicts.
>  Probably nothing serious, but it's an annoyance.  Since it's been so
> long since the last release, I just went ahead and re-created the news
> announcements (which of course creates another merge conflict).

The merge conflicts exist probably mostly because we have snippets listed at
both 2.13.6x and 2.15.0.  I guess once a snippet is backported to 2.13.6x,
it should have the 2.13.6x in both stable/2.14 and master.  I haven't done
that, so I guess it's my mess to clean up.

> Does anybody feel like playing with git?  I suppose this could be a
> useful exercise in git frustration if anybody wants to learn how to
> deal with conflicts.  Or a git expert could probably spend 5 minutes
> to clear it all up.

I'll take it on.

Thanks,

Carl