Re: make doc

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: make doc
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 17:48:39 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 5:16 PM

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 04:54:57PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
<address@hidden>
>Why not redirect the compile-output from each .ly to the
>appropriate .log file?  I mean, we *already* have a .log for each
>.ly file... what's in the .log file at the moment?  Why not put
>the --verbose output in there?  etc.

Don't believe there is a log file.  Can't see one, anyway.

huh, you're right.  I just assumed that dirs like
 build/out/lyubook-db/??/
would have .log files as well as all the other stuff that's there.
Well, that makes the overall strategy easier.  :)

I know Lily sends output to the console by default.  What causes
it to write logfiles instead?

You, please.  :)

So the command line would need to be something like lilypond filename.ly > filename.log?

Will have to look at how that could be done, since the times lily is called that I've so far found are initiated by lilypond-book.

An alternative would be lilypond-book.py filename.tely > filename.log ?