[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Windows SP1 bug and ghostscript-9.0

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Windows SP1 bug and ghostscript-9.0
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:56:56 -0600

On 5/29/11 3:48 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 08:09:53PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>> In trying to nail down the notorious #1562, I started a ghostscript-9.0
>> branch in GUB, which uses ghostscript 9.02, freetype-2.4.4 and includes
>> a small ghostscript installer fixlet.
>> It would be nice if you could find a time to include these into
>> the release branch or master.
> Sorry, but I don't think that would be a good idea.  We've just
> reached 0 Critical bugs again, so I'll be making a new Release
> Candidate (Carl: I can handle the backporting, probably, enjoy
> your vacation).  This is not the right time to switch a bunch of
> build requirements.  Remember that 2.14.0 is drastically late and
> the delay has caused huge problems.
> I think the best thing is to get 2.14.0 out now, include a warning
> that it doesn't work on windows 7 SP1 but that we're testing a fix
> and hope to have a new version out soon.  Then we switch to
> ghostscript-9.0 in 2.15.0 and start testing.

Actually, the last patch than Jan posted should make LilyPond work on
windows 7 sp1, IIUC.  So as long as we backport that patch, we're good with



P.S.  I'm glad this whole gs9 thing came up.  I was having weird bugs doing
make doc on my (OSX) system, and chord names had the wrong font.  As a
result of all the discussion about gs9, I reset my gs to 8.73, and
everything went away.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]