Re: Vertical spacing, distinguish stretchability/compressibility (issue4

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing, distinguish stretchability/compressibility (issue4517136)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 02:43:03 +0000

On 2011/06/04 17:32:15, joeneeman wrote:

> When compressing, unstretchable springs never get put on the
> active list, since their blocking_force is 0.

It seems, though, that unstretchable but compressible springs
should be on the active list when compressing.

They are.  They have blocking_force -1.0 (compressive) without any
special treatment, and I had forgotten about them when I wrote above.

What about +inf?

I like that concept, but...
The starting condition for simple-spacer is to pull until all springs
unblock, which could then require +inf force, and then the watchdog in
length() accuses me of "cruelty to springs".

I thought about going inf-robust, and retiring that watchdog, but it
looks like that would complicate Simple_spacer::compress().

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517136/