Git not working

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Git not working
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:39:18 +0100

I've got a set of files that goes the first way to reducing the clutter on a make doc build, by redirecting Lilypond output to a logfile when it's run by lilypond-book as part of the make process. I want to put this on Rietveld for review. However, I can't get git working through lily-git. I've clicked the "Update Source" on a number of occasions, and generally the script just sits there with no activity. I've tried nuking the whole lilypond-git directory (after saving my work elsewhere) and when I try to update, I either get a hang, or I get obvious network activity (about 60 megs download) and then a load of tags added and then an error:

* [new tag]         release/2.9.7 -> release/2.9.7
* [new tag]         tarball/HEAD -> tarball/HEAD
* [new tag]         tarball/start -> tarball/start
|git --git-dir=/home/phil/lilypond-git/.git rebase origin/master 2>@1
fatal: bad revision 'HEAD'
fatal: Needed a single revision

Anyone any idea what's going on?