Re: Redirects lilypond output to reduce make doc noise (issue4550119)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Redirects lilypond output to reduce make doc noise (issue4550119)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 23:00:25 +0000

On 2011/06/07 15:23:53, email_philholmes.net wrote:
I think I can correct this by simply correcting
the relevant file, create a new patch and re-upload?

Please do "amend previous commit" instead, but yes, that's how to do it.

This will upload the
full set of changes, not just the correction for this bug.

Yes, but the reitveld interface takes care of that.

>   15/lily-f332c4db.ly
> to be written to
>   15/lily-f332c4db.log

I don't know how you'd do this.  AFAICS there is only a single call to

lilypond with the command line being the snippet-names file.

Ouch.  ok, so the way that it would be done would be by screwing around
in the scm/ or possibly even lily/ dir.  Forget it; that's too much work
for you and me.

(if somebody else wants to jump in and handle that stuff, that'd be
great!  But even without that, Phil's patch is a huge improvement over
the status quo, so we'll proceed with it)

TBH the change to the build system
(effectively adding one word) is so small it's not worth separating
them.

True.

ok, just make that one change, upload, and it should be good.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4550119/