Re: Bugfix for issue 1630 (issue4490045)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Bugfix for issue 1630 (issue4490045)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:52:54 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/4490045/diff/30001/lily/tie-engraver.cc
File lily/tie-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4490045/diff/30001/lily/tie-engraver.cc#newcode157
lily/tie-engraver.cc:157: maybe should check positions too.
On 2011/06/14 21:36:59, Neil Puttock wrote:
looks like tab -> space conversion going on here (and below); please
restore and
only fix bad indents

Neil, you are absolutely correct (as always).

However, I have a proposal for Karen and Janek: you are probably quite
confused (and maybe disheartened) by this indentation problem, because
the current indentation policy used in lilypond is completely braindead
and ridiculous for any editor other than GNU/emacs.

I have just postponed the "lessons from 2.14" GOP policy question for
another week so that we can start dealing with "C++ indentation" on Wed
22 June.  Unfortunately the discussion would not be over until 06 July,
but that's the best I can do (unless I postpone the "mentors"
discussion, but I think that one's even more pressing than indentation).

If you want the patch pushed sooner, then unfortunately you need to use
the exact (braindead) indentation we currently have for C++ code.
Alternately, wait until we have a sensible policy, backed up by
automatic formatting so that no human ever needs to fiddle with C++
indentation again because it's 2011 and it's silly to do this by hand.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4490045/