Re: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting - probable decision

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting - probable decision
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:15:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Graham Percival wrote:

Mixing indentation styles is not a great idea, and in my
experience of python code documentation and examples online, the
4-space indent rule from PEP-8 is almost universally followed.
Implementation notes

Not that I contribute much python code to the Lilypond project, but I have a question anyway:

I use vim for my own python code, and in my .vimrc file I have

set autoindent
set smartindent
filetype plugin indent on

I now write some pythoncode automatically tabs are used for indentation.
How can I change this behaviour, so that automatically 4-space indentation is used. Can/should I change something in my .vimrc file ?

--

MT