Re: Logfiles from build

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Logfiles from build
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:57:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:41 AM

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 09:34:38AM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
I'm now thinking it would actually be better to gather all the
output from make in a single directory, something like
build/makelogs.  That way, you'd only need to look in one place for
any failing logged output, and it would probably be the most recent
that gives the clues.

Does this seem like the best way to proceed?

Yes, with one caveat: I think that Reinhold (and the previous
developers that he alluded to) has valid concerns with displaying
error messages.  Before any work is done on the central log/ or
build-log/ directory, I would really like to have the capability
to automatically display the tail of a log-file which did not
complete 'make' successfully.

Again, on the shell, it would be something like this:
 make ...blah... || echo "build failed" && tail logfile
but there might be a nicer way to do it.

By the way - here's another set of these - lots of

Internal Error in accidentals.flat.arrowdown: monotonic is both needed and unneeded. Internal Error in accidentals.flat.arrowdown: monotonic is both needed and unneeded.
Internal Error in accidentals.flat.arrowdown: Expected needed monotonic.
Internal Error in accidentals.flat.arrowboth: monotonic is both needed and unneeded. Internal Error in accidentals.flat.arrowboth: monotonic is both needed and unneeded.
Internal Error in accidentals.flat.arrowboth: Expected needed monotonic.

in a make (not make doc). These come from fontforge. Do we know about these errors?

--
Phil Holmes