Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:10:50 +0200

2011/6/22 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> I see three main contenders:
>
>    * emacs x.y.z with extra post-processing: our current
>      “official” style with scripts/auxiliar/fixcc.py
>    * astyle 2.0.2, possibly with extra post-processing
>    * uncrustify 0.58

I'm confused.  Are we talking about choosing indent style or choosing
the tool that will automatically apply whichever style we want?

> ** Eliminate tabs
>
> I’m going to make the bold step of assuming that we will eliminate
> tabs in all C++ files.

+1. Let's just say NO to tabs.

> ** Detailed analysis of emacs+post vs. astyle
>
> You can compare the results directly with this:
>
> git diff origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc origin/dev/gperciva-astyle

when i call this in ~/lilypond-git, i get
fatal: ambiguous argument 'origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc': unknown
revision or path not in the working tree.
...?

I went to
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=heads
and compared some files manually, but there were almost no
differencies - am i missing something?

cheese,
Janek