Re: Lilypond-book: Implement musicxml support in lilypond-book (issue165

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book: Implement musicxml support in lilypond-book (issue1659041)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:42:38 +0000

Reviewers: colinpkcampbell_gmail.com,

Message:
On 2011/06/25 19:32:49, Colin Campbell wrote:
If this is still alive, Reinhold, I'd like to give it an entry on the
issue
tracker.

Yes, it's still alive. I can't remember what issues I encountered back
when I wrote the patch, though.

The purpose of this that you can then include musicxml files directly
into texinfo files without having to run musicxml2ly before that. The
advantage is that e.g. in the musicxml regtests (=homepage for my
musicxml test suite) you can then directly link to the .xml files
allowing direct download of the MusicXML files. Currently, all links go
to the .ly files produced by musicxml2ly, which somehow defeats the
purpose...

  I believe James or I could work with you on the documentation, as
well.

That would be nice. It would only require extending the docs for
lilypond-book with those additional commands and their options.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Lilypond-book: Implement musicxml support in lilypond-book

This patch adds support for including MusicXML files into
documents processed by lilypond-book. In particular:
-) HTML: <musicxmlfile options>filename.xml</musicxmlfile>
-) TeX: \musicxmlfile[options]{filename.xml}
-) Texinfo: @musicxmlfile[options]{filename.xml}

Since MusicXML is so verbose, it doesn't make much sense to
support inline MusicXML.

The snippets are basically processed like a lilypond file,
except that musicxml2ly is run on them (with the options given
for the snippet) and the returned lilypond code is then processed
as if it were the original contents of the file.

This also has the consequence that the image in the output
will link to the converted lilypond file rather than the
MusicXML file. Currently, I like this better, but it can be
easily changed if the majority thinks otherwise.

What's missing is proper documentation in "Usage". I'm unsure
how to document such new snippet types...

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/1659041/

Affected files:
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/html-musicxml-file-options.htmly
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/html-musicxml-file.htmly
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/include.xml
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/tex-musicxml-file-options.lytex
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/tex-musicxml-file.lytex
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/texinfo-musicxml-file-options.tely
  A input/regression/lilypond-book/texinfo-musicxml-file.tely
  M python/book_html.py
  M python/book_latex.py
  M python/book_snippets.py
  M python/book_texinfo.py