Re: Small pitch bends correct and tested. (issue4654063)

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Small pitch bends correct and tested. (issue4654063)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:50:16 -0600

On 11-06-25 02:13 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Graham Breed wrote:

I've found and patched two problems with the pitch bend
tuning code:

1) The pitch isn't always rounded to the nearest equally
tempered value, so the result looks strange in a sequencer,
and artifacts caused by the pitch bends are more severe.

2) The tuning is rounded to cents before the pitch bends
are calculated.  It may not be a big deal, but there's no
need for it, and the code's simpler calculating the bends
directly.

I don't think either of these are registered issues.  As
I'm new with Git, the two issues are mixed in the two
patches.  Problem (1) is fixed in get_semitone_pitch().
It's just a question of rounding off the result.
Everything else is for problem (2).

Thanks for this, Graham! I've added this to the tracker as issue 1711. Can you also provide a test file which would demonstrate the problem? I recognise this may not be all that easy to do, but it would help in verifying the fix.

Colin Campbell
Bug Squad

--
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
-- Mark Twain