Re: make check currently fails (beam-skip.ly, commit7bcdd37be15ece09cd97

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: make check currently fails (beam-skip.ly, commit7bcdd37be15ece09cd97841137b075a576bbe696)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:46:15 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>

Hmm.  Since even I can't state with certainty what the next step
would be to find the information about the failing build, this is
clearly a huge problem.  (I have several suspicions on where to
look, but no certainty)

I have reverted that commit; the build should behave as usual now.
I'll take another look at this tomorrow, and we'll go through
another "patch countdown" for whatever new patch we have.

I reckon this problem would go away if we adopted the "hide output if QUIET_BUILD is defined" - but I would like to discuss this, as stated earlier. I'll hold off any further work pending this.

A way of providing information on which is the failing file in the build would be to add a progress call in lilypond-book that simply prints to the terminal the name of the file it's processing - the last one in the list would then be the one that caused the build to fail.

--
Phil Holmes