Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:54:06 +0100

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 04:23:58PM +0200, Jan Warchoł wrote:
> 2011/6/26 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > The difference between output of astyle and fixcc is 778Kb, and is
> > 23173 lines long.
>
> Let's choose the simplest solution, which doesn't require installing
> anything and can be automated as much as possible. I guess it means
> fixcc.

No.  fixcc.py will emacs 23.1.1 to be installed.  People with an
older emacs might need to upgrade if they want to run fixcc.py.
People with a newer emacs might need to downgrade if they want to
run fixcc.py.  This is *not* the simplest solution.

astyle 2.02 is the simplest; it's a standalone tool.
Unfortunately, astyle does not produce output which is as nice as
emacs+fixcc.py.  One option might be to use astyle 2.02 + a
modified fixcc.py.  I may investigate that option.