Re: does anybody care about LSR?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: does anybody care about LSR?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:16:36 +0100

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:45:36AM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> On 6/28/11 9:48 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

...snip various LSR discussion...

> I'm not sure I agree with this.

I'm not certain what the "this" is that you're disagreeing with.  :)

> LSR is a place to put snippets that some people think are useful, without
> the filtering of any "expert".

Ideally so.  In practice, it seems like only "experts" (or at
least, developers and contributors) are doing anything to maintain
it.

I'll note that, if we have any lsr->git importing, it's reasonable
to have some kind of quality control over that process.  In terms
of LSR, this is done by tagging stuff with "docs" and marking a
snippet as "approved".

> But I also think that LSR is a lot of overhead.

I wouldn't say "a lot".  If we have appropriate people working on
each step, it's actually a fairly small amount of overhead for
each person, and only involves 5 minutes a week from somebody with
git access.

> So if Phil is willing to take it over, whatever he wants to do is fine with
> me.

That sounds like you're agreeing with my main suggestion: dump it
on Phil.  :)