Re: Fixes error for tuplet bracket direction calculation when tuplets co

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Fixes error for tuplet bracket direction calculation when tuplets contain rests. (issue4668045)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:25:41 +0000

Pass all reg tests.

However, I note that in the tuplet_rest.ly file

i) the tuplet is above the staff for the 3 x crotchet/quarter rest
measure where it was below previously (i.e r4 r r)

ii) the last 2 measures where the last note is a stemUp instead of
stemDown but has a rest in either first quarter note or second quarter
note (i.e. r c g and c r g) the tuplet bracket is also above instead of
below the staff as it was previously

Now this may be right but I have no tracker to check against and cannot
remember a discussion on whether tuplets should be up or down in this
case.

So it may be fine, but technically this reg test is significantly
different - although it fixes the 'bad' case and puts the tuplet aobve
the staff instead of below.

Mike is it worth doing the same as the first measure but th eother way
round? i.e make a test where the note is very high and the tuplet sits
below? Seems odd to only have one case and not the other.

James

http://codereview.appspot.com/4668045/