Re: GOP-PROP 4: lessons from 2.14

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 4: lessons from 2.14
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:00:48 +0100

Michael Welsh Duggan wrote Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:34 AM

http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_4.html

Could I please ask, for my sanity, that we use ISO 8601 dates?

+1 (and thanks for reworking the list)

Oh, and thank you, Graham, for putting so much effort into organizing Lilypond development. One of the lessons learned IMO, though you may
not like it, is that active leaders are necessary to push along a
project of this size.

Absolutely!

2009-02-28 2.13.0
2009-06-01 2.13.1 note jump in time!
2009-06-27 2.13.2 first Graham release?
2009-07-03 2.13.3
2009-09-09  Graham arrives in Glasgow, gets a powerful
desktop computer, and begins serious work on GUB (sending bug
reports to Jan). It takes approximately 100 hours until GUB is
stable enough to make regular releases.
2009-09-24 2.13.4

Not directly related to 2.14, but the critical issue
we have is GUB and building GUB binaries.  Correct me
if I'm wrong, but this procedure is not documented
anywhere, and only 3 people know how to do it.

Trevor