Re: compiling documentation

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 13:12:26 +0200

2011/7/2 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 11:53:03AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
>> Also, I'm pretty confused about the lilypond version used when
>> compiling.
>> Currently I have 2.14.1 (default) and 2.12.3 in my path:
>
> That is irrelevant.  The build system uses its own lilypond.

As Phil pointed out, you must compile lilypond first.  'Make doc'
right after 'make distclean' won't work.  First 'make', then 'make
doc'.

The reason is that the very latest lilypond binary could be needed to
compile certain doc snippets.  Any music fragment that requires latest
features could not be processed with any older version of lilypond; in
fact, your current lilypond install will be ignored whatever its
version.

You can use the compiled lilypond normally after 'make install', BTW.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com