Re: increase to 5 patches per countdown

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: increase to 5 patches per countdown
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:09:26 -0700

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:29:37PM -0600, Colin Campbell wrote:
> I've been selecting patches with at least one positive comment.
> There are a great number of patches which don't have a positive
> indication of being complete.

No, don't view them like that -- the countdown is the (only) way
to get comments, positive or not.  Absolutely do not view a lack
of comments as a reason to avoid putting it on the countdown!

> There are, I think, only two ways of
> getting them off the "review" list: I nag directly the last devel
> who worked on them, or I mark them "abandoned" after a determined
> number of days.

No.  The way to get them off the review list is:
1. put them through a countdown, and get them pushed if there's no
complaints.
2. put them through a countdown, and mark the "patch-needs_work"
if there's any complaints.