RE: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:35:59 +0000

Hello,
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden address@hidden
Sent: 17 July 2011 19:22
To: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden;
address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden; address@hidden

I've paired this down to a minimal implementation that only contains:

1) Init file stuff for syntax (this could be made much better...)
2) Modifications to the glissando engraver to ID glissando stems.
3) A function that links them up to glissandi in stem.hh
4) The triggering of this function via a callback in stem-end-position
in two places in the code (it'd be in one place save that the beam code
doesn't completely behave nicely with stems).

I think my university-based research for the next year will be on
dynamical systems in typesetting: I am getting results that resemble
more and more a Lorenz attractor as I try to navigate all of the
internal dependencies that arise when one implements a horizontal
spacing algorithm whose constituent members' widths are dependent on the
results of said algorithm.

Don't you just get an ellipse?

:)

James