Re: Doc build error

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Doc build error
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 21:58:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:41 PM

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 04:15:45PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
I currently can't build doc.  Fresh pull, nuked and recreated build
directory.  I get:

Cannot reproduce with git master
 f9af9dd76a0481c993caf90ebefb1b8a71c5898d

You're not on the lilypond/translation branch by mistake, are you?

* I don't think that's the case, but I can't think of any other
reason why I can build but you can't -- we're both running
lilydev, right?

** oh wait, I now recall some weird kernel bug which manifested
when building on lilydev in virtualbox, but never in lilydev
installed natively.  It went away when I did a kernel update, but
maybe ubuntu reintroduced that problem?  are you running lilydev
with all the latest security patches applied?

I'm _still_ running the older version of lilydev, but with all the patches. It's really quite an odd problem: the recipe should be in texinfo-rules.make:

$(outdir)/%.texi: $(src-dir)/%.texi
cp -p $< $@

But when I put a warning in that recipe, I don't get it on the errored language.

I'm gonna nuke the whole git directory and start from scratch. If that doesn't work, I'll find out what the problem is.

--
Phil Holmes