Re: GOP-PROP 7: Developers as resources

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 7: Developers as resources
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:16:00 +0200

2011/7/29 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 09:56:38AM +0200, Jan Warchoł wrote:
>> What will happen if we sign up to a team and not do our
>> "homework"?
>
> Same idea?  Team leader has a chat with you, and in extreme cases
> would just stop assigning you work to do.  I don't think this is a
> huge worry -- we're all reasonable people wanting to make lilypond
> better.

Yes, i've just asked this question because it looked like being overlooked.

>> > If we had a central authority leading a team (or teams) of
>> > developers – or at least, leading developers for X hours a week –
>>
>> The question is, who will it be.
>
> *shrug*
>
> All I know is that it can't be me for the remainder of 2011.  In
> the first place I'd be an iffy choice due to my relative
> inexperience with lilypond programming, but the main reason is
> that I'm needed to run GOP and GLISS.

Then i think it can't be you till 2013.  I don't believe we'll sort
GLISS out in less than a year ^^
I have lots, *lots* of issues myself.

> We could have rotating leaders -- Carl for a month while they work
> on fret stuff, Neil for two months while they work on fundamental
> scheme stuff, Keith for a month while they work on spacing stuff,
> Bertrand for a month while they work on ancient notation?

That's fine, but i asked who the "central authority" would be.  The
one who will decide "we work for a month on frets under Carl's
leadership, on Scheme under Neil's, and after that on this, and that."
You know, the Grand Master.
Hmm.  Han-Wen?

cheers,
Janek