Re: Remove special case in staff-spacing (issue4188051)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Remove special case in staff-spacing (issue4188051)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 03:47:18 +0000

On 2011/07/30 15:18:58, Janek Warchol wrote:
2011/7/29  <address@hidden>:

> The old code first ensured that accidentals were at least
> 0.3-space away from the barline, and then added the
> full-measure-extra-space on top of that.

I'm not sure if you achieved what you meant.

Oops.  Right.  Thanks.
I had it working in Patch 2 and then forgot to check that it continued
to work as I simplified the patch.

The distances in this part of the code are from bar-line to
note-head-center, so we want to request the same ideal distance, with or
without accidentals.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4188051/diff/28001/lily/spacing-spanner.cc
File lily/spacing-spanner.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4188051/diff/28001/lily/spacing-spanner.cc#newcode503
lily/spacing-spanner.cc:503: full_measure_space = robust_scm2double
(l->get_property ("full-measure-extra-space"), 1.0);

Moved this code even earlier, so that we can ask
Staff_spacing::get_spacing() to include full-measure-extra space along
with all the other spacing wishes.

I can remove the set_default_compress_strength() from the old code,
because get_spacing() now has the information to set the proper
compressibility.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4188051/