Re: Remove special case in staff-spacing (issue4188051)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Remove special case in staff-spacing (issue4188051)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 10:13:25 +0200

After thinking and thinking, i think i know now what's the answer :)

2011/8/5 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> 2011/8/3  <address@hidden>:
>> On 2011/08/02 21:29:24, Janek Warchol wrote:
>>> note-head-chord [...] it's gone a bit too far in this case.
>>
>> We could adjust the spacing parameters.  Do you think the gap is to
>> small because it is between bar-line and note-head, as opposed to
>> accidental?  or, is the minimum gap simply too small?
>
> No, definately not!  I'd say it's an issue specific to whole notes.
>
>> What rules would describe how you would space the score above?
>
> I suppose i wouldn't treat suspended whole notes as "decorations"; in
> other words, i'd put the same amount of space between them and barline
> as with regular notes.

After rethinking i say that's not really necessary, mainly because i
realized that usually there are (much) less notes in the suspended
column than in the base column, and the situation looks much different
then.  So, in other words, there is nothing wrong with your fix.
I change it's status to patch-review.

thanks for patience!
Janek