Re: GOP-PROP 9: behavior of make doc

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 9: behavior of make doc
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:58:57 +0200

Le 10/08/2011 05:40, Graham Percival disait :
This new proposal focuses on "make doc" specifically.

http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_9.html

** Proposal summary

If there are build problems, then it should be easier to find out
why it’s failing. This will be achieved with log files, as well as
possibly including scripts which automatically display portions of
those log files for a failing build.

We will also add targets for building a specific manual (for
quick+easy checking of doc work), as well as for building all
documentation in a specific language (either English or a
translated language).

As a translator, I need the original (English) as well, just as a matter of comparison, at least when working on texidocs title and headers. In other words, I'll always build the English version along with the French one.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles