Re: cartouche collides with heading

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: cartouche collides with heading
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:08:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 5:10 PM

Updating the current delivered texinfo.tex with this patch fixes our
problem.

Good!

However, we need to be careful accepting a new version of
texinfo.tex without full testing.  Running the version that you
forwarded 10 days ago fails on learning.texi with this output:
l.232 @funindex \relative

This looks like a bug.  Could you please report it to bug-texinfo
(together with a confirmation that the cartouche problem has been
solved)?

   Werner

It looks like I'd need to subscribe to another mailing list to do that. Is this true, or can input be made without being subscribed?

If I do need to subscribe, could I pretty please ask you to report it and confirm the other bug fixed? I have a tiny test case that can be submitted, plus details of a revision level that did work and one that doesn't, which I can supply to you ready-to-go.

--
Phil Holmes