Re: Check for null pointer

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Check for null pointer
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 14:16:49 +0200

Am Sunday, 21. August 2011, 05:01:38 schrieb Dan Eble:
> > On 2011-08-20, at 16:00 , Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> >> Hmm, do you have any example file where this appears (even if it's not
> >> minimal, for now it's just important that we can reproduce it somehow).
>
> I wonder if this has anything to do with it:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs/27176
>
> I discovered that using Ubuntu.  I am not up to building on OS X to try to
> establish a connection with the crashes I observed, but it seems possible.

Running your src/books/PraiseAndPrayer.ly sample file through valgrind gives
the exact same valgrind warnings, so my bet is that this is really the
culprit. Since the partcombine iterator does some very low-level stuff
(creating subcontexts and then sending events to either of them), I'll have to
do some more debugging to check the exact cause of the uninitialized values.

It really seems that the "only" problem is the uninitialized last_playing_...
I'll shortly push a fix.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886