mentors/mentees check-in

From: Graham Percival
Subject: mentors/mentees check-in
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 06:18:04 +0100

It's been a few weeks since we had the last mentors
"organization".

I must admit that I haven't been a particularly good mentor.
Notably, I failed #5 "keep track of patches from your contributor"
and #7 "contact your contributor at least once a week".
Other mentors, how have you done?  You don't need to answer
publicly, but take a look at the list here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/mentors

Now that I'm back in Europe, I'll try to do a better job of this
if I'm being a mentor in the future.

That leads to the next question: all the contributors from the
mentor-contributor pairs we formed earlier now have git access.
Now, I don't think that git access needs to be tied with no longer
having a mentor, but that _would_ be a natural time to end an
official connection.

Janek, Phil, and Colin: you've all been around for a while, you
know the joy and flaws of our development process.
- do you still want to have a mentor?
- if not, would you be willing to *be* a mentor?
  (you wouldn't be signing a blank check to deal who whoever I
  assigned you; there would be plenty of opportunity to consider
  people, discuss what they're interested in and whether the two
  of you would work well together, etc)