Re: stop pushing to master (contextStringTuning is broken)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: stop pushing to master (contextStringTuning is broken)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:17:48 +0100

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 02:11:31PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > At least until we've had two more unstable releases (.9 and .10)
> > If you haven't tested your patch from a COMPLETELY EMPTY build
> > directory, done make and make docs FROM SCRATCH, then don't push
> > at all.
>
> I am fixing this.  I could have sworn that I tested it and it worked
> just like that, but it obviously couldn't.

Well, panic's over as 2.15.9 is uploaded and announced.

How about we make a "staging" branch in git, then encourage people
to push to "staging" instead of master?  We will then have
somebody (probably James) merge from staging to master, after
checking that it builds completely.  This could even be done
automatically -- depending on how much horsepower people want to
offer, it could be every 4 hours.  A new powerful desktop computer
can do make and make doc in 20 minutes.