Offer to clean up (very) old Tracker issues

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Offer to clean up (very) old Tracker issues
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:25:25 +0100

Hello,

I've had a brief conversation with Graham who agreed in principle and
asked me to send a mail to dev regarding 'going through' and 'cleaning
up' old tracker issues.

At the moment we have 580-something tracker issues of which some
haven't been 'touched' for a very long time, there are also items with
'owners' who no longer actively (as far as I can tell) work on
LilyPond anymore.

My intention at first is to

1) Remove erroneous 'Owner' and 'Status' labels (and CC if appropriate).

and

2) For those 'issues' that I understand see if the issue still applies
to the current (un)stable release (e.g. Glyph X collides with Glyph Y
when I xxxxx in version 2.really.old)

However this will probably generate a fair few auto-emails and I don't
want to step on anyone else's toes such as other tracker-sniffers
(Messrs Campbell and O. Redchuk). So I am running this pass the 'dev'
group for any other additional suggestions (such as other labels I
could remove/apply, how far forward I should go etc) or disagreements
and this would be a bad idea.

Thanks.

James