Re: Implement define-event-function (issue 5083045)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implement define-event-function (issue 5083045)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:14:40 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5083045/diff/1/scm/c++.scm
File scm/c++.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5083045/diff/1/scm/c++.scm#newcode38
scm/c++.scm:38: (define-public (event? x)
On 2011/09/21 21:32:30, Neil Puttock wrote:
I'd prefer a less vague name for this since it's going to conflict
with the
stream event predicate (currently ly:stream-event?) when we get round
renaming Stream_event -> Event

Hm.  It corresponds to 'event being in types.  Since parser.yy also
checks this property in C, it might make sense implementing it in C and
offering ly:event? for calling it instead.

Since ly:music? is valid for all music objects having 'music in types,
and not just those of class Music, I can't quite see a good reason for
preferring ly:event? or event? to point to an Event music class.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5083045/