RE: Problem with make

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE: Problem with make
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 23:05:23 +0000

hello,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 05:13:00PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> On my fast build system, I can't currently get a successful make.
> Abort changes, pull, clean build directory.  The build ends with:
> As you see, the problem is a missing AUTHORS.texi.  The odd thing is
> that on previous make runs, I get

yep, happens about 10% of the time for me.  Running "make" again
fixes it.  (almost always -- the chance of two failing runs is
about 1%.  That's happened twice to me that I can recall)
- - -

happens to me nearly every time i make. You get news.tely and authors.texi.
Failing. Run make again and it's fine. Never had two on the trot like graham.

I probably run make about 10 times a day at the moment, checking patches. I'm
used to it and just assumed it was one of our build quirks. You'll see lots
more on faster machines in my own personal experience.

James