Re: Problem with git push

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Problem with git push
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:30:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Bertrand Bordage" <address@hidden>; "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:05 PM

2011/9/22 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
I've just used lily-git to do a hard reset of my git, reapplied the changes,
recommitted and redone the push --dry-run and am still getting the same
error. I'm not quite sure what it means for "commit you want to push must
follow origin/master" but it's definitely the sole commit which is on the
latest version of master.

Doesn't "To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates
were rejected..." after pull -r mean that there is some conflict and
that your commit cannot be applied to master?  (i don't know how pull
-r would succeed if that was the case, but...)

cheers,
Janek

That's what it appears to mean - but since I've done all the commands that should reset my git to be exactly the same as master, then done a 3 line change to lily/GNUmakefile, I can't see how there can actually be a conflict.

--
Phil Holmes