Re: Need help with openSUSE:Factory build failure in lilypond

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Need help with openSUSE:Factory build failure in lilypond
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:37:56 +0100

Hi Dave,

Lilypond (V2.14) needs to have Guile V1.8.7 minimum and V1.8.8 maximum
to work.  We are currently working on migrating to use Guile V2.0 but
it's slow progress owing to the close-knit integration between Lily
and Guile.  The migration work will not be available in time for
V2.16, either.

LilyPond Bug-squad, please raise an issue re LilyPond and needing to
specific configuration so that systems integrators such as Dave can
install Guile V2.0 on a machine in parallel with V1.8.6+, and we can
configure LilyPond to install using the Guile V1.8 version, until we
complete the migration.

David, it may be worth asking on the Guile list (address@hidden)
about how to install concurrent versions of guile on your OS.

Cheers,
Ian Hulin