Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20110925

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20110925
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 03:27:53 +0100

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 09:43:01PM -0400, Colin Campbell wrote:
> Instead, we present a special, one time only,  batch as
> requested by Mike Solomon.

Am I correct that these have not been checked by James?  I don't
think we should call this a "countdown".  By all means suggest
that people review patches, but if they patch hasn't reached
patch-review under the normal procedures, I don't think it should
be called a countdown.

oh, and Mike: please stop asking for special favors for your
patches.  Everybody (other than me) works hard on their stuff.
When you've made a new version of a patch, change the
code.google.com issue to Patch-new, and then the updated patch
will go through the system again.

Making git-cl do this automatically will take about 30 minutes of
python hacking.  Unfortunately, I only have 60 minutes left for
this week, and I should reserve those for emails and fixing the
darwin-ppc release problem that only I or Jan can fix.

>    http://codereview.appspot.com/5050046/ (no issue #)

>    http://codereview.appspot.com/5067041/ (no issue #)

>    http://codereview.appspot.com/4961041/ (i imagine that it'll be pulled off
>    by someone, but at least it'll get people looking at it!

>    http://codereview.appspot.com/4917046/ (i decided not to push this one
>    because joe had some reservations - i think i've addressed them, but i'd
>    like it to go through another countdown)

Thanks for this.  The appropriate action is to change it to
patch-new, and if James thinks it looks good, it will become
patch-review.

>    http://codereview.appspot.com/4808082/ (it'll be this patch's 6th
>    go-around! i want to throw it back up because i haven't heard any

ditto.