Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20110925

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20110925
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:39:11 +0100

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:16:35AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>    Then they should not be put on a countdown - I'm not sure which patches of
>    mine will be review-ready by the time Colin sends out his weekly e-mail.

It's three times a week.  There should be no rush to "get stuff
added".  Just make patches, mark them patch-new, and the process
will handle them.
If the patch is good, it's pushed within 72 hours (unless there's
unusual load).  If it's not good, you'll get comments within 72
hours.

> However, I also get the sense that from your
>    comment above that you do not feel it is appropriate.  Could you elaborate
>    further on what would be a better way to go about this?

Add every patch to code.google.com with a Patch-new issue (or
adding Patch-new to an existing issue, if it's a bugfix).  Every
update to every patch should change that issue to Patch-new.

Result: no missed patches.  Every patch gets a regtest check
before it's reviewed, and every patch gets onto a countdown.

I don't like asking developers to do this manually -- hence my
fussing around with modifying git-cl to do this automatically.
But if you're concerned about patches going missing, then go
through these manual steps for a week or two until the new git-cl
has been tested some more.