Re: replacement git-cl

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: replacement git-cl
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:51:43 +0100

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 06:38:02AM +0000, Keith OHara wrote:
> Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:
>
> > Please use
> >   https://github.com/gperciva/git-cl
>
> Confirming that it worked for me.
> It was necessary to install stuff from
> http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/

Whoops, I completely forgot about that!

hmm, I wonder if I can get around that by just dumping their
source in my git-cl repo.  It's under the apache license, so that
shouldn't be a problem legally.  Only question is whether it helps
technically.

> > instead of the current git-cl.  To configure, add a file called
> >   google.login
> > to your lilypond srcdir, in the format
> > username
> > password
>
> That will cause some of us to invent yet another throwaway username
> and password that we don't worry about storing in plain test.
> Not a big problem, but you might know an alternative way for the
> script to authenticate?

There are many ways; using the python getpass module is one of
them (i.e. enter your password interactively).  Another way is to
use whatever the existing upload.py does -- I spent about 10
minutes trying to figure out how to extra the credentials from
upload.py before I moved on to getting other stuff done.  I know
that git-cl (or rather, upload.py) does *some* form of credential
caching.

There's a bunch of info about AuthSub vs. ClientLogin here, but I
haven't digested it yet:
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/IssueTrackerAPI