Re: New git cl :: rebase patches

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: New git cl :: rebase patches
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:34:58 +0200

Am Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2011, 16:21:50 schrieb address@hidden:
> On Oct 4, 2011, at 4:08 PM, Julien Rioux wrote:
> > I guess most of us don't have any privilege to change this status on
> > googlepage. Moreover, it seems to me that Mike's use-case was simply to
> > store his patch somewhere while he fiddled with his local git
> > repository, with the intention to reapply his patch later, but not to
> > make it public. I am no git expert, but I am fairly certain that this
> > can be handled completely locally by learning a few git commands.
>
> I just looked into it - you're right.  It's:
>
> git diff master..HEAD

The ..HEAD is not needed (HEAD is the current status), it's the same as

    git diff master

BTW, I found using "git rebase origin/master" much easier to work with than
with ordinary "diff / patch", because git is quite smart when merging, and it
will always create a file with conflicting sections present, where you can
then adapt the code manually. "patch" on the other hand simply refuses work if
the patch doesn't apply cleanly.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886