Re: Make doc broken - 1d9a73b13ee576d28c0f41f5b243f2ebb1ff9fcf

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Make doc broken - 1d9a73b13ee576d28c0f41f5b243f2ebb1ff9fcf
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 04:04:17 +0100

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 10:55:52AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2011, at 6:10 AM, Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > dev/staging will be merged with master at least once every 24
> > hours[1] as long as it
> > compiles.
>
> Could you point me to the place in the CG with instructions
> about how to push to dev/staging and/or give me instructions for
> how to do that via email?

The way that I'd try to do it is this:

git checkout dev/staging
git cherry-pick abcd1234
git push origin dev/staging

but I'm not certain if that's the best way to do it.  David has
concerns about merge vs. fast-forward, but I'm not familiar enough
with git to know the difference.  (I have a few emails on the
subject saved in my "urgent" email mailbox, but then again I have
134 other emails in there, which makes the whole thing a bit of a
mockery)

Hopefully somebody can correct or fill in the missing details.
I'll add it to the CG once that's done.