Re: MetronomeMark #'break-align-symbols sometimes fails

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: MetronomeMark #'break-align-symbols sometimes fails
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:06:18 +0200

Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 14 October 2011 00:33, Kieren MacMillan
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> This is a little frustrating, as it was part of a bounty fix from some
>> time ago.
>>
>> I understand the ultimate fix is [apparently] difficult — and Neil
>> generously gave me a hack to tweak certain issues, especially at line
>> breaks — but it would be nice to know what it would take to get
>> MetronomeMark working as desired, once and for all.
>
> Hi Kieren,
>
> I share your frustration (maybe because I also give a little penny to
> fix issue #684 (I know the issue number by heart!)).

Personally, I would recommend kicking the person that you paid the
bounty to.  It would seem the bounty system is a source of frustration
for everybody involved.  I am still missing over €200 in bounties
several weeks after I sent my payment data, and it is not like the
bounties I managed to collect were particularly easy to get hold of.
Even though the stuff I made exceeded the task specification.

Given the awful record I have regarding bounties (and actually yours as
well), I won't recommend promising another bounty.  Get the one you paid
to do his money's worth.  Scratch that, the bounties are not that high.
Just get him to do what he said he did.  Just a matter of honesty, not
of rentability.