Re: patches for LilyPond issues 1503 and 1572

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: patches for LilyPond issues 1503 and 1572
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:58:40 +0000

2011/9/10 Janek WarchoĊ‚ <address@hidden>
> Uploaded to Rietveld: http://codereview.appspot.com/4981052/

I could be wrong but it looks like Rietveld has all the patches
squashed into a single patch set.  Does that mean that when they get
pushed upstream to the official repo, they'll only appear as a single
patch?  I think it would be cleaner to keep them as separate ones.

> One thing: please follow these guidelines concerning commit messages:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor-big-page#commit-messages
> I've changed the messages in my repository; i don't know if this
> change can cause incompatibilities between our repositories, but if it
> does (and we need to be compatible because the patches will probably
> have some revisions which i will also have to upload) i attach patch
> files created from my repository.

That's fine - yes, changing the messages does affect the commit's
SHA1, but I've switched my repository over to use your messages via a
git push -f.